Monday, December 18, 2017

Good for the soul.

I've admitted my current poor form to both GM and KfW2. GM last night, and KfW2 this morning. I also explained to KfW2 that it was an influential factor in my early departure from the Christmas party. GM gave a succinct "Sorry to hear that mate" while KfW2 provided a sympathetic squeeze on the shoulder.

Both suggested that I do something with them at some point this week - a trip to the cinema with GM and a visit to KfW2's this Friday. I've taken them both up on their offer.

While nothing else has been said regarding my admission beyond my actual confession and their subsequent acknowledgement, I feel much better for simply having shared that. I don't know if GM will follow up on the conversation, but KfW2 definitely will (or I will with her).

A side-effect of chatting to GM was, I believe, the reappearance on Whatsapp of SG after months of silence. She had some actual, proper updates on her life and a new hair colour - red - which is much better than the blonde she had been sporting over the summer.

And a side-effect of the conversation with KfW2 was her own admission that someone I presumed was a platonic friend was actually someone she had dated "for a few months". That's interesting on a few points.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...