Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A further online dating experiment

My travel adventures are over for this year, unless something unexpected happens.

Just as in this post, I used some of my downtime to browse Tinder and Bumble. While I wasn't expecting anything to happen in the short time I was in the United States, it didn't hurt to at least look, did it?

And just like my London trip, the standard of singleton that Tinder presented to me was extremely high. Women would be attractive, sexy and, judging by their profiles, intelligent and interesting. The stuff that plagues the local singleton scene (duck pouts, negativity, Snapchat filters, quotes instead of face pictures, identikit profile blurb and the incessant declaration that anything casual is off the table) was all missing from the hundreds of profiles I viewed.

Also, like the London trip, I spent a lot of time swiping right. I think I mentioned doing that roughly 90% of the time in London and it was higher than that again in the States. Not quite 100% but near enough.

Additionally, I seemed to pick up a lot of "likes" in my time in the States, but nothing that transferred into mutual matches, sadly. Tinder says 10+, which is a lot more than I've ever managed previously at one time.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...