Sunday, March 12, 2017

The morning after...

KfW2 sent a text at around half past seven. She was running late, could we leave it for fifteen minutes? Not a problem. Fifteen minutes isn't that much anyway and if KfW2 was only fifteen minutes late, then that was a result as far as I was concerned.

It wasn't fifteen minutes though. It was nearly forty-five by the time she turned up at the restaurant. I wasn't angry, but I was hugely disappointed. This was her night, after all, and I had spent a lot of time researching where to go. Of course, there was also the fact that 45 minutes late meant 45 fewer minutes of her company.

However, I was nursing a beer and trying to sneak glances at a cute blonde girl who appeared to be dining with her parents in between messaging KfW2.

When the blonde girl first arrived, I was looking at my phone, so she was already being led to her table when I looked up and saw something akin to this Minka Kelly picture:


Well, it wasn't a dress, more a pair of trousers, but the ass was as well defined and the trousers were just the right amount of clingy. I'm not an ass man specifically. I'm not anything specifically, but this sight piqued my attention.

Then, as luck would have it, she was sat facing me. And she was very pretty. And reminded me of someone. I went back to my phone, trying not to stare. KfW2 arrived soon after and we chatted. I couldn't shake the feeling that the cute blonde girl (who sounded American or Canadian) reminded me of someone.

Just after KfW2 ordered some wine, I had it. Rosamund Pike.


And not in a vague Alison Brie/CH kinda-sorta way with the odd facial expression or mannerism. She looked very much like her. However, KfW2 had arrived, so it was time to get into the night properly. With it being a special occasion, I very much wanted KfW2 to have a really good time.

We finished dinner - the restaurant lived up to its reputation and the food was delicious. I had advised KfW2 that anything we did after the restaurant was her choice, but as usual, she was reluctant to make a decision. I managed to steer her around to making a decision - visiting a new-ish bar and going to see a local band that she likes.

And there were drinks. Lots of drinks. And chat. Lots of chat. At times the chat got quite serious - KfW2 gave some advice, and I told her how much her friendship meant to me. And there were more drinks. And she told me how much I meant to her and how she was worried that when I met someone, our friendship would change/fade. We both, I think, had a good time. I know I did, but I always enjoy KfW2's company.

We parted ways at the end of the night. I had hoped she'd want the night to continue and perhaps come back to mine for after-hours drinks, but she'd contacted her husband for a lift home.

I awoke this morning feeling a little melancholy. There were a couple of things that KfW2 said last night that, while not bad per se, left me feeling a little down.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...