Thursday, March 16, 2017

Sigh.

It seems as if one of the work things has been resolved in my favour. Kind of.

The promotion I went for has been granted, but not the full grade increase I was expecting. Rather it's a half-grade increase. There should still be a pay rise out of it, but not the significant pay rise that I was aiming for. It'll be another few weeks before the actual figures are released.

But I kinda feel hard done by, even though I know that getting a promotion at all is a good thing. In a nutshell, it's all about the company saying one thing and doing another.

"What you do is important - go the extra mile!"

I've proven that I go the extra mile but my remote boss hasn't recognised anything I've presented, so I don't get the kudos for doing so. Which then makes promotions more difficult... almost impossible.

So, I'm getting a partial promotion DESPITE my boss, but I'm not getting a full promotion because of my boss.

It kinda feels like a backhanded compliment in a way and I'm still not where I wanted to be at this time.

I need to consider what I do next.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...