Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Happy birthday!

It's KfW2's birthday today. We don't do presents, but we do treat each other with food. Usually, it's a leisurely lunch, but with it being a bit of a milestone, it's dinner and drinks this year. I asked her if there was anywhere she'd like to go or if she'd leave it up to me.

She chose the latter, so the pressure was on to find somewhere she'd like. Well, not pressure per se, but I wanted to find somewhere that would do the occasion justice. I have a pretty good idea of what she likes - we've been to plenty of places that she's been vocal and positive about.

I had a specific place in mind, but had doubts. Not about whether she'd like it. I can almost guarantee that she would. The issue was with the price of the restaurant. It's slightly more expensive than the places we'd normally frequent, and it kinda made me wary of taking her there. It's only about 40% more expensive.

It also got ruled out because she was going there for lunch with CC... then that got cancelled. Then it was back on... then it got cancelled again.

Ideas Girl agreed when I voiced my concerns to her, though she doesn't know how close we are nor about any of the other stuff (and it's the last bit where most of the concern is coming from). But she did suggest that going to one of the nicest restaurants in the city might be a bit extravagant or that the perception might not be kind. Not from anyone who knows either of us, but others.

If I don't choose the expensive option, I have a couple of really good backup options, but the decision still needs to be made. I have a couple of weeks to think it through, though.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...