Saturday, June 20, 2015

"Hi"

Off the back of this post, I got speaking to the Attractive Neighbour earlier this evening. I'd just arrived home from London (more on this at a later date) and the cupboards are bare, so I phoned in a takeaway. As I collected it, Attractive Neighbour arrived and made her way into the building.

I've always said that online dating isn't for me partly because a picture and some writing doesn't impart the chemistry and I have to admit that this was the case with the actress neighbour.

We only spoke for a few minutes (we've only really said "hi" until now), but she's a lot cuter in real life than her (professionally done) online dating photos had suggested to me. But then I've always been a casual jeans and t-shirt man than a poshed-up glam frock kinda guy.

And she seemed really nice, though her profiles usually made her sound a lot more approachable and positive than the vast majority of profiles on PoF or Tinder.

It also confirmed what I've been trying to tell KfW2 (and others) for ages - if there's a natural opening to the conversation, I can talk to anyone. It's the cold openers that I have issues with (see: CB).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...