Sunday, April 26, 2015

Surprise!

BR sent a text yesterday letting me know that he was in town. Did I fancy meeting for a few drinks? You bet I did! I already had tentative plans to go out with FP anyway. We headed out slightly earlier than usual and had a few drinks. While browsing Facebook, we found out that MM and MMBF were out and about as well, so we arranged to meet.

MM called me to say that MMBF had gone home, but we persuaded MM to stay out a little longer. In the bar, before FP showed up, BR got talking to a couple of tourists leaving me chatting to MM. She was asking about my relationship status and I was pretty upfront about it - unhappy for a few years, no-one on the horizon, not meeting new people, tried online dating etc.

We mulled over possibilities including night classes (something that KfW2 and USHW have both suggested in the past). I said that it had been suggested before. She admitted that she had done something similar when she was single, but ended up in a class populated by elderly men. Then, somewhat out of the blue, she asked me about KfW2. Specifically, she asked if I were interested in her. I denied it, then immediately confessed to a little crush. That's not the strict truth, but good enough for the conversation. I admitted that there are a lot of KfW2's physical and non-physical characteristics that I would look for in a partner.

As if that line of questioning wasn't surprising enough, a few minutes later, once KfW2 chat was finished and we were back onto dating, her next question was definitely jaw-dropping:

"Are you any good in bed?"

I laughed. MM looked shocked at herself.

"I've never had any complaints and I assume if they don't say anything that I've done OK" was my reply.

I enjoyed the chat - bar KfW2 and USHW, none of my female friends tend to talk to me in-depth about my relationships or lack thereof. Certainly, no-one's ever asked the direct question regarding my happiness, not even AM or QC1 who I long regarded as being my closest female friends. They all say the same thing - "We think you're great and you should definitely meet someone" but it's rare that anyone actually wants to talk to me about it or actually do something to help. So, while MM was slightly embarrassed at some of the questions she was asking, I really enjoyed the convo and the chance to be upfront about the whole thing.

She left soon after and I enjoyed the rest of the night with FP and BR.

Also, as an aside, USHW and I were having a chat about what's happened in our lives over the past ten years and RB's name came up. Freaky coincidence then, when MF posted pictures on Facebook yesterday afternoon of RB's wedding. She's still cute.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...