Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bleurgh.

This time last year I had issues at work, mainly dealing with some management who were, to be quite blunt, borderline incompetent. Thankfully, and somewhat against my expectations, it was sorted. The people involved were moved on and we got a new, seemingly more pro-active person in to fill the gap.

Sadly, after an initial burst of enthusiasm, I'm started to feel a little jaded. I feel as if the work that I do is not getting the recognition that it deserves... and that goes for our group as a whole. I've presented the evidence to the new manager - it's really obvious when it's written down in black and white in comnparison to what other teams do - but he claims not to see it.

"The other groups can put forward similar arguments", he said.

"The let them." was my reply. "I know what the other teams do and, on paper, we do a much more technically demanding job. It's strange that the company seems to be shying away from recognising what we do."

He went silent.

Today they announced a departmental reshuffle. We've drawn the short straw (well, handed the short straw) and there's a definite element of morale dropping again.

I'm going to have to go back and have yet another chat about our lack of recognition and the seeming lack of respect that our team appears to be getting recently.

That didn't help my mood today - I've been funked up recently (I've been funked up pretty much all year, to be honest) and today, I'm feeling just a little sorry for myself.

1 comment:

USHW said...

*hug*

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...