Tuesday, April 09, 2013

More or less "girls, girls, girls"?


I put together a rather substantial post last night regarding my previous post and it got lost when my PC suddenly installed updates without warning. Ho hum.

Off the back of my previous post, I was reminded of a statement I read (probably on the online forum of which I am a member) where someone said (and I paraphrase here):

"If you are good friends with a woman who has single friends and she's never tried to set you up with any of them, then there's something wrong".

While I'm not going to get into whether or not this person is actually right or wrong, it did cause me to think. I've always had a lot of female friends and as far as I can remember I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times one of my female friends actually tried to set me up (and KfW2's recent offer and GB with CB since the turn of the year don't count).
  • I got AM a summer job at my place when she was at uni. She met a cute girl there who apparently was quite into me. AM didn't tell me until after their contracts ended, we were on our way home and I never saw her again.
  • QC1 made a half-assed attempt to get me to go on a blind date. "She was perfect for me" she said, but yet wouldn't entertain just bringing her out socially. It HAD to be a blind date.
  • E had hoped that I'd get it on with her friend R3 and made at least one clumsy effort to get us together. R3 admitted later that, at the same time, she had hoped that E and I would get together because we were natural together, but I don't recall any actual effort when I was present. Neither happened.
  • KfW once tried to get me to get off with her friend when we were in the bar. Her friend was having the same conversation with me when KfW was at the bar.
  • DSC did ask CF if she'd fuck me one night we were all out and CF was horny. Sadly, she didn't want to.
And, well, that's it. Five times over the course of twenty odd years of being seriously interested in girls. I don't know if I should be disappointed or if there were more discussions that went on behind the scenes that I am unaware of. Given that I haven't ever scored with a friend of a female friend (RB doesn't count as I only knew MF long after RB had gone away), I'm probably going to assume that these conversations never happened.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...